About the college
An outstanding college!
We are delighted that New College Durham has been graded as outstanding by Ofsted. Plus, our excellence and innovation has been recognised by the awarding of the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS) Beacon Status.
Our overall success rate places us in the top 10% of all colleges nationally for performance. Not only that, but our student achievements and retention rates are among the best in the country!
We are an outstanding college in so many ways. These are just some of our key strengths:
- Outstanding success rates on most provision types, including Apprenticeships and Functional Skills
- A history of sustained outstanding performance at most lengths, levels and age groups
- Outstanding support for learners
- Strong emphasis on teaching and learning leading to excellent outcomes
- Strong strategic leadership and performance management which promotes high achievement for all
- Ethos of continuous improvement and mutual respect for all
- Significant contribution to social inclusion
- Outstanding and well maintained learning environment.
Our support for students both inside and outside of the classroom is also one of our key strengths with 94% of students, who join a course at the College, completing their studies, which is 5% above the national average.